Friday, January 19, 2007

So This Is the New Year...

I've been meaning to create a beauty blog for months now. Inspired by my love of all things beautiful, I feel the New Year is the perfect time to begin this blog. I know, I know. It's already the 20th of January, but better late than never, right? Plus, I am one of the worst procrastinators that has even graced the face of this Earth...and I do actually have a bit of an excuse. The spring semester of my junior year (in college) just began last week, and being an English major, I'm already innundated with reading, reading, reading. So sad. But hopefully this blog will be my esacpe from all things tedious and mundane.

I suppose I should tell my prospective readers a bit about my plans for this blog. I'm hoping to do review posts about beauty products and other items that strike my fancy, be it books, films, websites, and the like. My blog will not be as glamorous as the Beauty Addict's, seeing as though I'm still a student and cannot afford the frequent Sephora splurges (and the Sephora closest to me is over an hour away - oh, the misery). However, I have a vast knowledge of maaaany beauty products, and I think it will be fun to share my reviews and opinions with others, and I also hope to learn about any tips, tricks, and treats that my readers may have.

Thanks for reading, and please stay tuned for new posts.

(And incase you were wondering about my title - it's a play on words, coming from Sir Philip Sindey's sonnet cycle "Astrophil and Stella," meaning "star-lover and star" - code names for the poet and his unrequited lover. So, instead of Stella, I put Stila, the cosmetics brand beloved by many women the world over. Hee! I'm so clever!)

No comments: