Monday, July 16, 2007

Stains That Don't Need to be Removed


I've never been a huge fan of lipstick. If I use lipstick, I only use the ones that have a sheer formula. For whatever reason, I feel like I have the dreaded "Joker face" when I wear a fully made-up lip. Glosses are great, but they disappear quickly (no matter how "long lasting" they claim to be) and you have to keep reapplying throughout the day. Usually this isn't a problem; however, there are instances when it may not be appropriate to whip out your makeup bag and touch up your gloss. Case in point: I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding over the weekend and I needed a lip color to last throughout the ceremony and the looong picture taking process. So, I turned to lip stains! Stains are a great option for when you want a touch of long lasting color without the need to reapply for at least an hour or two. The color provided by lip stains is also fairly buildable, ranging from just a sheer wash of color to a bolder, more dramatic lip depending on how much you apply. The only downfall about lip stains is that they can be a bit on the dry side, but that can be remedied by a swipe of chapstick or clear gloss. Two of my favorites are Stila's Lip Rouge in Beam, a soft but vibrant fuschia (trust me, it sounds scarier than it is!) and Bourjois' Lip Stain Pen in Rose Prefere 1, a discreet light pink. An added bonus is that the pen shape of these lip stains makes it a breeze to precisely line and define lips! Though I'll always love Benetint, the orignal lip (and cheek) stain, these stains are gorgeous and ready for on-the-go use! Both available at Sephora stores for $20 and $15, respectively.

No comments: