Monday, March 12, 2007

Rewarding My Bad Behavior


Well, I was a bad girl tonight. Not only have I been procrastinating on my school work, but I also decided to do some online beauty shopping! I didn't do too much damage since I had a $25 Sephora store credit from a previous return, but I don't really have an extra $27 to be spending on beauty products, either. But...nothing feels better than getting that little yellow slip in my mailbox letting me know my package has arrived!

- My shopping list -


Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in Porcelain 2 - I have finally broken myself of wearing foundation every single day. For a very long time, I viewed face makeup (like foundation, powder, and concealer) as my "security blanket" from the public due to the skin troubles of my adolescence. Now I realize I don't need to cover my entire face, so I've paired it down to just using concealer under my eyes, around my nose and mouth, and on a few little discolored patches left over from some old breakouts. I needed a good concealer that stayed put all day, so this seemed like a good option. I really, really, really hope the color work, too.

TheBalm's Plump Your Pucker Plumping Lip Gloss in Strawberry My Shortcake - I've been lusting after this one for a long time. I looooove a slighty shimmery, baby pink lip, and this one fits the description w/out looking too 1980's.


One of the biggest perks of shopping at the Sephora website is the selection of free samples. My picks:

LOLA Refine Shine Anti-Shine Gel
- I always like to try mattifiers whenever they're offered in sample sizes because I have yet to find one that truly lasts through the day. I'm interested to see how well this product performs.

Tarte Sunburst Beaded Bronzing Lotion - I don't tan. Not because I don't want to (though I know I shouldn't), but because my skin absolutely does.not.tan. Seriously, it takes me a full week of being out in the sun from the time I get up in the morning until the sun finally sets in order for me to have what most people consider a "base tan." Hopefully this tinted moisturizer will give me a nice, sunkissed glow without being streaky or Lindsay Lohan orange. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


Escada Sunset Heat for Her
- Ok...unlike many of my fellow beauty bloggers, I am not a fragrance connoisseur. I rarely wear fragrances, but if I do, it's just a simple perfume oil or a lightly scented body lotion. Lots of women complain that the Escada perfumes all smell the same - typical "tweeny" fruity florals that lack sophistication. I can't say I disagree, but there weren't any other samples that interested me, and I can always donate it to my younger sister.

Lorac Mocktail Lipgloss in Lava Flow - I scored a deluxe sample of this gloss via the latest Sephora catalog promotion code (FUTURE1 for all you shoppers!) The shade looks like a pretty, sheer, vibrant berry red. It's supposed to taste good, too. Sounds sweet to me!

I'll be back with reviews as soon as I receive my goodies! Readers, have you tried any of these products? If so, what did you think?

No comments: